Build a Consistent Home Practice
April 1 - 29, 2016
Day 14 - Vinyasa
Let's get those hips ready to dance! Welcome to Day 14!
Words here will be short and sweet from me because we have a longer practice today.
Plan for about 18 minutes with today's vinyasa.
Remember, it's no good if we get all up tight about things. Let's open up our hips so we can dance freely.
When it doubt, dance it out!
Once we complete our 21 day journey together I will leave up the pages and videos for an extra week. Then on May 8th they all will be coming down. If you've missed a practice, or 2, or 3 :) sneak them in on the weekends, or the extra week we'll have. Because they'll be going away May 8th. The next challenge will be in July. So mark your calendars! It will be great to take with you on vacation!
Dancing! Would you rather dance in your living room or at the club?
Here's mine: The club!!!
Let me know your favorite dancing spot in the form below or a comment on Facebook. :)
The intention for this 21 Day Challenge series is to do something everyday Monday - Friday. We are focusing on doing the basics at home and getting into a rhythm. Pace and modify according to you needs. I will always give you options. Remember you know yourself best, listen to your instincts.
Click on here to download the Journal Page (then simply click the print icon or download arrow to save it to your computer). I have filled in a sample one for you to see at the bottom of the page. Get creative and find wonderful color pens!
Benefits of Vinyasa
(Linking Yoga Poses with Breath):
Reduce Stress, Anxiety, and Depression
- Take a look at your eyes in the mirror before you practice. Notice the quality of light in your eyes. Is there a sparkle? What is your level of worry on a speedometer of 0-100%? How much of that worry really is your's? Notice how the movement of this practice will move these big feelings up and out. Then always fill back up with a beautiful golden pink light - wash it over your body.
Calms the Mind
- Moving with the breath will calm the waters of the mind. Deep breathing in and out will lower blood pressure and bring you to a place where you feel space between thoughts. There will be room to breathe and simply be.
- Even when you feel sluggish and tired and just want to run to the fridge for a quick energy hit. Yoga is a better choice. Try just doing a downward dog or puppy pose and see how bringing your head lower than your heart can help boost your energy.
Feel Stronger and More Flexible
- We're using a lot of body weight resistance, holding ourselves in planks, downward dogs, and a few more poses too. With these same poses we open and lengthen our body. And with repetition you'll find that it's easier to reach up for your favorite cup on that high shelf. Or even to reach into the back seat of the car.
Improve Cardiovascular Conditioning
- In the beginning we may need to take an extra breath or two in a pose. Over time you will find your lung capacity and breathing improve as you link movement and breath.
with light and love,
Missed a Challenge?
No worries, click on the day below to catch up. :)
Week 1 - Get your body moving.
Week 2 - Where's your spirit?
Week 3 - Where's your spark?
Comments or Questions? Send them to me here and I will get back with you as soon as I can.