We've spent some time increasing our flexibility and ability to adapt in the previous tips. But without strength, we'll come across as wishy-washy. We must be strong in knowing who we are and feel confident in the choices we make. In order to hold your handstand you need a strong core. Let's get to playing!!
1. Lying on your back, arms alongside you, palms face down.
2. Start with both legs at a 90 degree angle to the body.
3. Knit the ribs back towards the floor and keep the lower belly engaged.
4. Lower your right leg to a 30 degree angle.
5. Check in, is your rib cage popping up and back over arching? If so lift your leg a little higher.
6. If you can keep the ribs from popping up and the back in neutral (belly is engaged) continue to lower your leg until it is 2 inches above the floor.
7. Bring the right leg back up and now do the left leg.
8. For a greater challenge, extend your arms overhead, backs of the hands on the floor.
9. An even greater challenge is to do both legs at once.
Handstand Tip #10